“It Gets Worse” and “The Gay Agenda”
When one is backed into a corner, the natural animalistic tendency is to attack. In such cases, it’s perceived as a life-or-death situation on one level or another. We’re seeing that now. And, they are swinging with everything they have. Make no mistake: this battle for equality and what’s right will get much more heated before we start seeing solid changes. They’re making it woefully obvious that they’re not going down without a fight. To wit, in addition to some of the headlines we’ve been seeing in the past week alone, these are some of the other tactics they’ve been using:
- Someone affiliated with the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle, perhaps good ol’ Reverend himself, somehow had facebook take down the blog article I wrote earlier in the week about the 4-year-old boy singing the anti-gay song. Not only that, but people trying to share the link had been blocked from doing so. I find that odd considering the story was very well circulated by the time I posted my article. It has since been restored, but the point is still the same.
- Jett and Jahn Media has produced this page, “It Gets Worse“, in their attempt to derail Dan Savage’s “It Gets Better” campaign and, of course, perpetuate their own fear-based propaganda aimed at LGBT teens.
- But, my “favorite” of these three is a blog I read today about “The Gay Agenda” “infecting” the Rochester school system.
The first thought that crossed my mind when I read this, and the Jett and Jahn piece as well, was “these people are seriously disturbed”. Then, I realized that “these people” are rallying their troops for what is promising to be one hell of a fight for equality on all levels. At the same time, I found it not only important but imperative for the LGBT community and its supporters as a united whole to work quickly and diligently to dispel all of this garbage they’re spewing out as truths.
Scientific studies show:
They typically don’t have faithful, monogamous relationships
They are more likely to be abused by their partner
They have higher rates of STD’s (including HIV/AIDS)
They are physically unable to conceive children
If they do adopt, their child grows up without a mother or father
“They typically don’t have faithful, monogamous relationships”. Sigh. All I’ll say to that is that the divorce rate amongst “traditional” marriages has hovered around 50% for as long as I can remember. That’s fully half!! Half of all “traditional” marriages blow up!! Every OTHER “traditional” marriage FAILS!!! And, that doesn’t even factor in how many “traditional” couple cheat on their spouses. Of course, they don’t even want to open that pandora’s box. And, according to one source I researched, the divorce rate amongst second marriages is over 70%!! That’s not exactly a ringing endorsement for “the sanctity of marriage”, is it?
“They are more likely to be abused by their partner”. All I’ll say to that is “O. J. Simpson”.
I’m not even going to spend valuable time attempting to repeat anything I read in this blog; however, I strongly suggest that every single person who reads THIS blog, Enough is Enough, click the link above and read THAT blog. If ever there was a “must-read“, this is certainly it. You’ll understand why once you’ve read it.
- I have yet to hear anyone, or hear of anyone!, go around telling people, young or not-so-young “how great…” being gay is. Have you? In fact, in listening to my favorite sports talk radio station last week, one of the hosts put it as well as it could be put. The topic was gays and being gay. He said, “if my son or daughter were to turn out to be gay, I’d still love them every bit as much as I always have. However, I’d be very sad. Not sad that I’ve got a gay son or daughter, mind you. Sad because I know the type of abuse and discrimination they’ll face just because of who they are. It’s heartbreaking that that still goes on today…”. “How great being homosexual is”? Really? We have to deal with people of this mentality every single day of our lives!! What’s so great about that!?
- If ” Gay and torture-porn orgies are a daily staple for the developing eyes of many children in America today”, that sounds to be more of a parenting issue than a “gay agenda” issue. There are parental controls that prevent that type of viewing for the “many children” who may be watching it. If the tools provided aren’t being used, the only person to blame would be the parents of said “many children”. Then again, we all know that this is more propaganda than a real issue. Scare tactics is one of “their” favorite weapons.
- I take special offense to their assertion that this anti-bullying campaign is part of some sort of ridiculous “gay agenda”. I, for one, put a lot of effort into ending ALL bullying. It doesn’t matter if they’re gay, straight, or Venusian. No one, no one!, should have to live with the fear of being attacked because of who they are. It’s that simple.
I could go on and on. There’s so much in this blog that screams to be addressed, addressed now, and addressed loudly. If they’re going to start pulling out lies and propaganda in their effort to win this battle, then it is incumbent upon us to stand up, speak up, and let the world know a.) that they spew lies, plain and simple; and, b.) just exactly who we really are and what we’re really about. Because, you see, at the end of the day, the reality is we’re no different than anybody else. The Gay Agenda? Yeah, The Gay Agenda as I know it is to
- Work without discrimination
- Love without repudiation
- Live without retaliation
History has taught us that the fight for equality can get ugly, even deadly, before we start seeing changes. Many, including Dr. Martin Luther King, lost their lives during the struggle. With rhetoric and unmitigated lies coming from the other side, you can bet that things are only beginning to heat up. In my opinion, the only way for them to win is for those of us who are fighting for equality, gay and straight alike, to remain silent!
Subscribe to comments with RSS.